Monday 25 June 2012

Sunday review

I didn't see the Pontefract race as I was on the tennis court at the time but it seems from the review that my selection lost it in the stalls. Amazingly it went off at 9/2, so another good value loser. As for the football this evening I missed that too as I was at a concert listening to Handel's Messiah conducted from the harpsichord and played on period instruments.

This morning Sir BR was saying how England could win the tournament and Rooney was being compared to Pele. What a joke: the only striker worse than Rooney in this competition was Benzema who is the poorest striker I have ever seen, my sincere apologies for putting him up as TGS material. France were crap but we were unlucky they didn't win the group as England are nothing. They are incapable of passing the ball.

After the Handel concert I visited the Church Inn and was pleased to see Dark Star as one of the guest ales. One of the best ales in the country in my view. Had to consume a couple of pints of that whilst news of the abject failure of England filtered through. I thought I recognised the actor on the table next to me and indeed it was Tim Woodward who was superb in the Shakespeare play I'd seen in the open air in Ludlow castle on Friday. Quite fitting for England, this is a brilliant production of "Much Ado About Nothing". Highlight for me was when the female lead sat on my lap during the closing scene!

Incredibly my bet on Andy Carroll being the England top scorer is a winning bet WITH ONE GOAL SCORED. With the dead-heat situation the odds secured of 7/1 become 3/5.

Wimbledon interest on Monday plus (probably) some horse wagers at Windsor, Thirsk and/or Chepstow.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment