Friday 15 June 2012

Queen's - Querrey

Very annoyed that I have not paid more attention to this tournament. Favourites often get turned over in the move from clay to grass and two big ones have departed in their first matches - namely Murray and Tsonga.

Anyway we are where we are and the remaining field is not of the highest quality. Sam Querrey has not won a tournament since 2010 but Queen's was one of the four he won that year. The draw has opened up for him as he plays Tsonga's conquerer next. He is 1-0 with Dodig thanks to a victory at Wimbledon. His projected semi-final opponent is the new tournament favourite Cilic. The latter beat Sam at Wimbledon in their only meeting, but it took him five sets. Therefore I would rather take 7/1 Querrey than 5/2 Cilic for the tournament, particularly as the American is a previous winner here.

Only problem is I find it hard to watch him. That all American grin just does my head in but that has not stopped me having:

2pts win Sam Querrey to win Queen's @ 7/1 Paddy Power



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment