Thursday 14 June 2012

Bodog

Ludicrous name. Ludicrous company. I had an account with them and traded for more than a year. Made many deposits and some withdrawals following winning bets. However when I had a decent return and requested a withdraw I suddenly had to provide proof of my identity despite the company apparently being content with my "identity" whilst I was making numerous deposits. The ID required included a scan of the debit card I had been using, passport and utility bill. After further delays I eventually received my money. I have not bet with them since.

Now a friend tells me he is still trying to obtain his winnings from the Champions' League from Bodog after weeks of identity issues and banking "delays".

The other issue to be wary of is the fact Bodog do not recognise IBAS. Many punters are sceptical of IBAS because they are financed by the UK bookmakers. However I think IBAS provides a useful service and my dealings with them have been very satisfactory (whether being on the losing or winning side of their judgements). Having worked in the betting industry (but not at the sharp end for over a decade) there are still people working in the industry who obviously know who I am. What I have found on occasions is that some small minded people have attempted to manipulate their company's rules so as to deny me a genuine payout. Fortunately IBAS sees through this behaviour and will deal only with the betting facts.

If you were to have a dispute with Bodog you will be on your own as they are based in Antigua. I would not now bet with any firm that does not recognise IBAS. Ultimately though it's your choice whether you bet with Bodog.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment