Thursday 24 May 2012

Olympic specials

Further to the maximum bet on GB gold medals < 24.5 posted on 16 May, I visited a Stan James shop yesterday to have some more on at the 4/5 as the price remains available online (if you have not been accommodated to your full stake already of course). 

After the usual nonsense about SJ online being a different company and the inevitable delay in finding the prices I was pleased to be accommodated to my full cash stake. I am not posting any further stakes on this market because we have already had the maximum 20 points. All I can say is that it is a strong bet and if you have followed the blog since 2009 and you are several hundred points in front you could consider topping up. 

Remember for this bet to lose GB/NI will have to achieve 25 gold medals or more, which would more than likely mean GB/NI finishing in third place ahead of both Germany and Russia. 

Whilst I was in the SJ shop I played another Olympic special bet as follows:-

GB/NI to achieve more silver medals than either gold or bronze medals 8pts @ 15/8 Stan James

According to my research the silver medal haul could be in the mid-twenties whereas gold (16 or 17?) and bronze (17 or 18?) could be much lower. 

These two large Olympic bets could provide great entertainment throughout the competition.

If however a miracle happens and 25+ gold medals are achieved, the country will be completely transformed (and I will be a lot poorer!)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment