Sunday 14 June 2015

Wimbledon warm-up tournaments

Three tournaments start on the grass tomorrow: Queen's, Halle (men) and Birmingham (women). 

The women's tournament has a high quality field. I think Halep has a good draw and I was interested in Fred's 10/1 quote. Unfortunately that changed to 13/2 as I was looking at it! Stan is offering 10/1 but I've been closed by that outfit so I've decided to swerve the women altogether.

The Fed, multiple winner of Halle, is favourite again. I can't find a bet there either so I'm concentrating on Queen's. Mugray is of course favourite and has won the tourney three times in recent years. Can't get involved at under 2/1 though. I had a small bet months ago on Cilic to win Wimbledon at about half the price that's available today. That's because he's not done terribly well since winning the U.S. open. He's played well at Queen's in the past though and is worth a small ew bet despite being in the favourite's half of the draw. If he can win three matches he could face Mugray in the semi-final.

In the lower half of the draw I've gone with Nadal who looked sharp this week and took the Stuttgart title today. My bets are:

3pts ew Nadal to win Queen's @ 7/1 William Hill (1/2 odds 1,2)

1pt ew Cilic to win Queen's @ 14/1 Coral (1/2 odds 1,2) 

Eight points staked.

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment