Wednesday 4 February 2015

Champion Hurdle

Last year's Champion Hurdle was a great race for the blog with one of my two selections - Jezki - obliging at the 12/1 taken and thus setting up a winning festival.

In 2014 you may recall there was a terrific shape to the ante-post market for this race. It looked at one time as though as few as six could line-up yet bookmakers were betting 1/4 odds 1,2,3 NRNB etc. In the end nine runners stood their ground (inc 66/1 and 100/1 shots).

There are currently 23 runners declared. I don't really have a clue how many might go to post. But the betting is indicating right now that it's a four or five runner race...on Betfair it's 46.0 bar five with Arctic Fire priced at 20.0. I think you have to oppose the favourite and look for an ew punt. I can't fancy the Fly despite his Leopardstown exploits. It looks to me increasingly like Jezki being the ew play again at the prevailing 6/1. One negative for me is McCoy in the saddle. I would much prefer BG or indeed RW. I have therefore had my first Cheltenham 2015 wager as follows:

4pts EW Jezki to win the Champion Hurdle @ 6/1 Paddy Power 1/4 odds 1,2,3 NRNB

(6/1 NRNB also available with Coral. Please note not all bookmakers offering NRNB at this stage.)



Let's hope we don't see a repeat of the above  Leopardsown blunder!

Eight points staked.

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment