Friday 23 January 2015

Tennis and football

Can't believe how badly my horse selections ran yesterday. Looks like it will be "bread and point" this weekend as my father used to say...

Switched sports for my next bets. 

TENNIS

I was impressed with Vika's performance yesterday - a comfortable 6-4 6-2 win over Woza. She looked to be back to her best with no trace of the injury problems which so badly affected her in 2014 and resulted in her ranking slipping to 44 in the world. She is playing even more aggressively than usual - if that's possible - with increased net play. Let's not forget she has won this tournament twice in the last three years so clearly loves Australia.

In contrast I've been unimpressed with Serena Williams not only here but in the warm up tournaments too. She is 0-2 against top ten players this year having already lost to Radwanska and Bouchard. 

Serena v Vika could be a quarter-final. We already have an interest in Vika reaching the semis (8/1) however I've now backed her to win the tournament at the widely available 10/1:

2 pts Victoria Azarenka to win Aussie Open @ 10/1 Betfred


FOOTBALL 

We have four outright bets in the FA CUP however I've just added some match bets. The following ties look very tight so consequently I've played the draw in each match:

12:45 Sat 1.5 pts Blackburn v Swansea to draw FA Cup match @ 5/2 Bet365
15:00 Sat 1.5 pts Birmingham v West Brom to draw FA Cup match @ 5/2 Bet365
16:00 Sun 1.5 pts Brighton v Asenal to draw FA Cup match @ 10/3 Bet365
0.5 pt treble above three draws at the prices. 

Football total stake 5 pts, one draw would return a minimum 5.25 pts.

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment