Saturday 31 January 2015

Paddy Power

The Irish comedy bookmaker has settled JM Del Potro as a loser in the Aus Open quarter betting. This is incorrect according to their rules. I am on their case and they won't get away with it. This is not the first time I have backed a player with them who subsequently withdrew without taking part and I faced an initial losing settlement.

Even though a small stake is involved I would not hesitate to refer settlement to IBAS as I know I am right. I famously took the dreadful Sportingbet to IBAS over a £20 void bet and won. You can read about that on my website.

Skybet has correctly settled the same wager as void.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paddy Power tennis rules: rule number eight states:

    "Outright Betting/Quarter Betting - Stakes will be refunded on players withdrawn prior to the start of their first match. Markets may be subject to a Rule 4 deduction."

    ReplyDelete