Thursday 16 October 2014

X-factor shite

I was not intending to have a bet but having watched the dreadful programme for the first time this year last weekend I have decided to get involved. Reason being I think the favourite is worth opposing. Surely after one week of the live shows 6/4 is far too short with a total of 14 acts still involved. Therefore I am opposing Andrea Faustini as I believe he may have peaked too soon. My main selection is Lauren Platt at 11/2 available with Betfred and others, plus a small bet on Fleur East:

3pts win Lauren Platt to win x-factor @ 11/2 Betfred
1pt win Fleur East to win x-factor @ 14/1 Betfred

I see that 'Sofabet' put up ''New Boy Band" at 11/2 as the most likely winner ahead of the live shows. (Incidentally they are now called Stereo Kicks - ludicrous name.) Big drifter on betfair and now available at 12.5 after just one week of the live shows. Can't have an eight-timer - ridiculous concept. So I'm going to oppose them too by backing the only other group left in the competition as follows: 

1pt win Only The Young to be top group @ 9/2 Betfred
0.5pts EW Only The Young to win x-factor @ 40/1 Coral (1/5th odds 1,2,3)

Total six points staked.

Don't know yet whether I will be having a bet at Ascot on Saturday. Looks like the ground will be very heavy if the meeting goes ahead. Probably decide Saturday morning. Things going well recently though with 7/1 and 11/1 winners tipping the accumulative win % for 2014 above 28%. Happy days.

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment