Wednesday 16 July 2014

Open Golf

Long term readers will know that I seldom bet on golf. Despite that I have a pretty good recent strike rate.  I tend to concentrate on this tournament. Last year I put up Phil @ 28/1 and the year before Ernie @ 25/1. The latter bet was actually placed/blogged on the morning of the final round.

This year I have persuaded myself to get involved now as I cannot resist some of the each-way terms on offer - despite the huge field. Betfred are offering 1/4 odds first eight places whereas Paddy Power and William Hill will payout on the first seven. I feel I don't need to explain my choices - you will probably know more about the players than I do. In any event this is what I have had:

1.5 pts ew J Rose @ 16/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
1 pt ew G McDowell @ 28/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
0.5 pts ew H Matsuyama @ 55/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

Total six points staked


No comments:

Post a Comment