Monday 19 May 2014

French Open prospects

The second grand slam event gets under way on Sunday. Here is a review of my ante-post portfolio to date:

Men's singles

With both Nadal and Djoko showing their well being in the Rome final yesterday it looks like these two players are extremely likely to meet again in Paris in the final. 

I have backed the two Swiss players who are currently world ranked three and four and therefore should be seeded in opposite sides of the draw.

Stan, who made the Aussie Open a winning tournament for me (small ew @ 50/1) is the better prospect. 
I am on @ 16/1 ew here whereas the best ew price as I write is 9/1. He has been in very mixed form recently and I don't think he, or his fellow countryman, has a huge chance of lifting the trophy.

Total market exposure is six points.

Ladies' singles

Li Na is the main chance here. As I had hoped/anticipated the Chinese holds the world number two ranking so will be seeded in the other half of the draw to Serena. The key to Li Na's chances could rest with where Sharapova is seeded. The Russian is ranked eight and therefore should be seeded seven with the news today that Azarenka is a non-runner. If she was to be seeded in Serena's half that would greatly increase the chance of Li Na reaching the final. I am on @ 10/1 and the best ew price is currently 6/1. 

Aside from the above I have four bets on outsiders @ odds between 66/1 and 150/1. They will, at least, all be seeded as they are ranked 13.19, 28 and 29. Not worth going through them individually just to say the exposure here is 5.5 points!

Total market exposure is 13.5 points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment