Saturday 8 March 2014

LRC Cheltenham preview

Last night I attended the LRC Cheltenham preview. Quite a good panel. Apart from the Stan James man who kept telling everyone they were top price this, top price that. Problem is they don't lay any bets so it becomes very annoying after a while.

As for the two races I have already played, they didn't have many positive things to say about my selections Our Conor and Jezki in the Champion Hurdle. And a further blow is that it seems likely that Un De Sceaux will now take his chance which I wasn't expecting. 

Things look a bit brighter with my Gold Cup selection. I suggested last Sunday it could start 14/1 or 16/1. It's that price now so I'm happy with 25/1. 

Charlie Morlock - assistant trainer to N Henderson - was on the panel. He spoke quite highly of Triolo, going as far as to say he "couldn't split" Triolo and Bobs Worth. Given that one is 15/8 favourite and the other is 16/1 I know which one I would rather be on! As you will be aware I don't follow jockey, owner or trainer tips but I do take note of where trainers say they are aiming their charges and how they are progressing at home. I liked Triolo as the Hennessy winner, form that usually works out well. Given the stable confidence I have had a further bet on Triolo as follows:

1pt win Triolo D'Alene to win Cheltenham Gold Cup @ 16/1 William Hill NRNB

There are still 17 runners at the six-day stage so the above bet is win only. 

If I have any further thoughts on what I heard last evening I will post again in the next 24 hours.

Meanwhile in the WTA Indian Wells Halep, Cornet and Bouchard all won last night. Azarenka didn't win which has prompted several bookmakers to quote Halep as 4/1 joint-favourite for the event. That's encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment