Tuesday 11 March 2014

Cheltenham day one

The Champion Hurdle to look forward to today with my ew bets on Jezki and Our Conor. The latter is weak in the market as I write at 11/2 which is a concern. I have two bets on Hughes' charge at 5/1 and 9/2. The 9/2 bet is BOG with Skybet so the drift is not an issue for the price taken. Jezki could prove the better bet of the two with Barry Geraghty in the saddle. I am on at 12/1. Captain Cee Bee has been supplemented to act as a pacemaker for, you might assume, My Tent Or Yours. But I think this move is intended to assist Jezki. The J.P. McManus' second string could go off as short as 8/1.

Elsewhere on the card I'm just having one other bet. In the Mares' hurdle I'm taking on Quevega with Highland Retreat. Betfred are giving losing bet refunds (up to £25) if Quevega wins. Note that this does not apply to each-way bets. I have had:

16:00C 2pts win 1pt place Highland Retreat @ 16/1 Betfred (1/4 odds 1,2,3) BOG

Three points staked.

The above was placed as 1pt win and then 1pt ew. So the Betfred concession applies only to the 1pt win bet. Like all concessions/bonuses (and there are plenty of them) they do not count towards my returns shown in the bet records on my website. Just point them out for your information and interest.

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment