Saturday 1 March 2014

Doncaster today

Very disappointed with the latest two tennis tournaments. Both my each-way outsiders reached the semi-finals. 100/1 Kholshreiber went a break up in the first set in Dubai against Berdych before the latter recorded a routine 75 75 victory. More disappointing was 33/1 Dolgopolov in Acapulco who was as short as 1/2 to win his semi but went out in three sets. C'est la vie. 

I have had a rare bet on a NH race today. Not usually my thing (with the exception of Cheltenham!). Have had a look at the Grimthorpe Chase at Doncaster and I like the chances of Real Milan. 

I'm taking on Pricewise (Racing Post) here though which on recent form is probably not wise. Particularly as the service has given two selections in this race and not played anywhere else today. But you have to bet against the crowd don't you? Because of course the crowd loses in the long term.

Incidentally the crowd was on Mugray to win the Acapulco tournament at the extraordinarily short price of 6/4 at the outset. In the last round he scraped past Simon, a player he had beaten 11 consecutive times and who was both injured and ill. But, as I write, he has just lost in three sets to Dimitrov.

15:30D 1pt ew Real Milan @ 11/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds 1,2,3 if 12 run) 

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment