Tuesday 4 February 2014

Value prices


It amazes me how bookmakers can sometimes be so out of line in 'mature' markets. For example, I happened to take a look at the ladies' French Open market yesterday and was surprised to see Unibet (and 888 who offer Unibet prices) quoting Genie Bouchard @ 160 (i.e. 159/1) whereas the next biggest price available for Bouchard was 50/1. So 109 points 'over the odds'. Unless the player was injured this was clearly wrong and a little annoying as I had suggested getting involved at 66/1 a few days ago.

Of course I went immediately to the Unibet site to place a bet. Not being too optimistic, I tried for a tenner @ 160. I was immediately laid £1.19 with the £8.81 balance sent to trading for approval. This came back later as just a further £3.00 at the price and the odds were quickly amended to 50.

So I have been laid £4.19p @ 160.0, a value bet albeit a small one.

Of course there would have been no point in blogging this opportunity as the price had been changed by the time I received confirmation of my stake. As you will be aware I only suggest a bet if the odds are still available at the time of writing.

Just shows you there is value out there. The problem is often being laid a decent stake...


No comments:

Post a Comment