Thursday 24 January 2013

Oscars 2

I seem to be rather wide of the mark with my 'emotional' bet on Les Miserables @ 12/1 for Best Picture. Hardly a value bet. I have just checked betfair and to say it is unlikely to win is an understatement. 30.0 is available on the exchange. I saw it last week and I was thoroughly impressed. However it's a rag in the betting and apologies if you have taken the 12s.

I still have a gut feeling though that Lincoln may get turned over at odds-on for Best Picture. As the great man DDL said the other day, the Academy likes to surprise. I suspect though this statement was more as a deflection from his near certainty of being awarded his third career Oscar for Best Actor.

Given the success of Argo in the Golden Globes (completely out performing Lincoln) I was keen to see what it is all about. I've been to see it this afternoon and thought it was tremendous - real edge of the seat stuff. They say it looks/feels good on DVD, a medium apparently used by the members of the Academy before pledging their votes. 

Whilst I can see the Lincoln creators landing the Actor/Director double at short prices, maybe the treble will escape them and Best Picture might go to Argo helped by some momentum from the Golden Globes. I have had:

2pts win Argo for Best Picture (Oscar) @ 9/2 William Hill



If you have not already done so, I would urge you to see both the films I have backed and I look forward to witnessing DDL's no doubt excellent performance in Lincoln.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment