Friday 8 May 2015

Election results

Terrible results for my election bets. I was way out with my bets in supporting Labour to get most seats. All I can say is thank god I don't spread bet because if I did I would now be facing heavy losses through buying Labour seats and/or selling the Cons. As for prospects for the country, expect a meaner, uglier less charitable UK once the Cons get stuck into welfare cuts etc. without the LDs to hold back their savagery.....

I'm annoyed at not profiting from the lack of success of UKIP. I thought they would struggle to get more than two seats however this was very much the view of the layers - who were giving nothing away at the low end of expectations. I thought I'd found the answer when I read that a firm was offering 4/1 Farage to be the first party leader to resign. Fortunately I couldn't find the market so was not on - just as well as Clegg beat him to it!

As for the LDs, there is one glimmer of hope from a betting perspective. On 23 Dec 2010 I blogged eight points on Tim Farron at 9/1 to be the next leader of the LDs (after Clegg). He is currently a 1/4 chance with the books. This would be something if a bet came good after nearly five years! It would beat the Mourhino return to Chelsea wager which was under two and a half years to settlement!

The pound has strengthened as a result of the election outcome. Contrary to all the pundits of course - like the election result.So at least European trips remain attractive. The best (tourist) rate yesterday was 1.32. It's 1.35 this afternoon!




No comments:

Post a Comment