Wednesday 30 April 2014

Thunder Road


"Well I got this guitar 
And I learned how to make it talk 
And my car's out back 
If you're ready to take that long walk 
From your front porch to my front seat 
The door's open but the ride it ain't free 
And I know you're lonely 
For words that I ain't spoken 
But tonight we'll be free 
All the promises'll be broken 
There were ghosts in the eyes 
Of all the boys you sent away 
They haunt this dusty beach road 
In the skeleton frames of burned out Chevrolets 
They scream your name at night in the street 
Your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet 
And in the lonely cool before dawn 
You hear their engines roaring on 
But when you get to the porch they're gone 
On the wind so Mary climb in 
It's town full of losers 
And I'm pulling out of here to win"


Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment