Tuesday 15 April 2014

The Charlton Arms

Today I had my first visit to The Charlton Arms (Ludlow) since the new owner has been in situ. It's now owned by Cedric Bossi whose brother Claude owned Ludlow's Hibiscus restaurant (a two-star Michelin establishment) which relocated to London in 2010.

The place has certainly been smartened up since the last time I was here. Chose a restaurant seat with a lovely view overlooking the river.

To start I went for the prawns with chorizo, garlic, white wine and chilli. Served with bread in a skillet. Pipping hot (temperature) and plenty of flavour. To follow I selected the Welsh sea bass served with new potatoes. The fish was cooked perfectly.

Found it a little odd that I was not offered the wine list. However this may well have been because I was already enjoying an excellent pint of Hobson's Best (tasty but moderate strength - 3.8%).

Other than a slight hiccup with the bill it was an excellent lunch, one that I would recommend and hope to repeat soon.

http://www.thecharltonarms.co.uk

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment