Sunday 28 April 2013

Sunday

Endorsing getting caught by a head in the last race bet on yesterday was a disappointing end to the day. The day's loss was limited to 3.5 points thanks to a 9/2 winner. No action today.

Seems extraordinary to me that the jumps' season finished yesterday and then starts again today. I think they somehow have to divorce the timetable from the flat timetable through shifting the dates around a bit but that's the least of the authorities' worries at present.  I am going to Ludlow races this afternoon but betting action will be confined to Placepots. I much prefer betting on the flat and seldom bet on the jumps (apart from the Cheltenham festival and occasionally at Ludlow.)

Later today Li Na plays Sharapova in the Stuttgart final on artificial clay. (This is a tremendous surface which my tennis club is hoping to add to its facilities in the near future.) Pova is marginal favourite despite dropping three sets this week whereas Li Na has come through her matches in straight sets. I guess Pova being mentally stronger is the more likely winner but I hope Li Na plays well to enhance her chances of regaining her 2011 French Open title from the Russian next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment