Wednesday 3 April 2013

Grand National

As usual I shall be having a couple of bets in Saturday's feature race. I'm starting today by backing one of my selections from last year that was unfortunately brought down early in the race. Paul Carberry, who won the National in 2009, is the intended pilot provided he recovers from a recent fall. The Irish have not won this race since 2007 but have plenty of ammunition amongst the market leaders. The winning trainer in 2007? Gordon Elliot, who saddles my first selection Chicago Grey. A ten-year-old carrying 10-7: a similar profile to his winner six years ago. 

Gordon's yard has been in great form with a host of winners over the Easter weekend. Romanesco, his sole runner in the Irish version, was unlucky not to finish in the first five on Monday coming with a rattle before falling at the last. Better luck in running could see the well-handicapped Chicago Grey in the shake up. I have had:

06/04/13 16:15A 3pts win Chicago Grey @ 14/1 William Hill NRNB

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment