Saturday 23 March 2013

Irish Lincoln

I am just back from Porterhouse Central having quaffed some superb Oyster Stout. One of the tracks on the video was the exceptional "The Living Years" by Mike & The Mechanics. One of the great songs of the 80s I think. However I can't remember it having an impact on me at the time but it has subsequently:

"Say it loud, say it clear
You can listen as well as you hear
It's too late when we die
To admit we don't see eye to eye

So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts...."

On another screen there was Tiger Woods closing in on a Florida tournament which I suspect he might seal tomorrow. Happy with my speculative TW majors' multiples. 

Anyway off to the Irish Lincoln at the Curragh tomorrow (weather permitting). 

I backed second, third and fourth when on-track last year and I am rowing in with the runner-up again. This time Ansaab is drawn one and the last time the race was run in really heavy ground the low berths dominated. So I have had:

16:30C 1.5pts win 1pt place Ansaab @ 10/1 William Hill BOG 

(Available @ 11/1 with Stan Jokes if you can trade there.) 

I note Pricewise has picked the horse drawn 15 and he may prove right as the pace could feasibly be with the high drawn runners. Let's hope the desperate ground means Ansaab is right in there from the one slot. Should be an interesting day.

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment