Saturday 14 January 2012

Australian Open - quarter betting

I have had a good look at the quarter betting for the men's tournament this morning. (i.e. backing a player to reach the semi-final). As you know I have backed Federer to win the event and I am regretting it somewhat as he has drifted in the betting since the wager.

I am now not very confident about Federer's prospects and have found a little bit of value in his quarter. Although JM Del Potro has not had a great preparation I think he is value at Coral's 4/1 to win this sector. Also I think Tomic has an outside shot at reaching the semis. (He just won the Kooyong Classic beating Mardy Fish in the final). I have had the following:

4pts win JM Del Potro to win third quarter @ 4/1 with Coral 

1pt win Tomic to win third quarter @ 16/1 with William Hill

Tomic is available @ 18/1 with VC if you can get a bet on there, however I will only post bets at prices I am able to take myself. 

Total stake five points.

You may also be interested in some of the outright prices "available" at Sportingbet. Well they are not available to me (reasons can be found on my website). The odds compiler has obviously taken the view that no player outside the top four can reach the final. Hence you will find 22/1 Delpo 25/1 Tsonga and 150/1 Tomic all of which warrant closer inspection as each way propositions. 

I may blog a ladies' quarter bet later today, but that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment