Friday 1 August 2014

Women's US Open

I already have two players in this portfolio: Kvitova and Bouchard. I've now added Venus Williams at a big price following her straight sets victory over Vika at Stanford. The latter is single figures for the last GS event of the year with most firms. Admittedly Vika is still on the come back trail but this was a fine win for Venus. I am still thinking what might have been at Wimbledon because Venus was so close to putting out the eventual winner with no-one particularly decent to play (after that match) until the final. 

Anyway I wanted to take the bet now as there is a small chance Venus could beat Petko in the next round and then potentially Serena (or Ana) for a place in the final. Her US price would crash if she was to win her next two matches. I have had:

0.75pts ew Venus Williams to win US Open @ 100/1 William Hill (1/2 odds 1,2)

1.5pts staked (available with several other firms at this price ew and also @ 125/1 888.com win only).

Elsewhere I still intend to plod along with the occasional blogged big race bet with the few remaining bookmakers who will lay me more than a tenner. Think I was definitely on a decent play with Bronze Angel (12/1>9/1) at Ascot last week despite it not making the frame. I noticed (after I published my selections) that several "good judges" also suggested bets on it including Neil Channing (Betting Emporium) and Raceclear. Will probably have a go at tomorrow's Stewards' Cup which looks impossible and therefore is my kind of race! Will blog selection(s) tonight or by 11am Saturday. I certainly won't be betting with the sponsor 32Red who just seem to offer unbelievably uncompetitive odds on most events. I wonder who does bet with them?

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment