Wednesday 12 December 2012

SPOTY - additional bets

I am writing this from my sick bed as I have not been well for the last few days. However I have been able to use the Internet today to research the latest on SPOTY which of course takes place this Sunday. 

There is a strong rumour that the voting period is to be condensed into a 30-minute session at the end of the presentation of the individual VTs. This could make the result of the voting a little more random and lessen the impact of multi-voters (e.g. Wiggins' supporters). I think this also aids the chances of getting a surprise result in the top three - hopefully one of the rags (to be placed) that I flagged up in a previous post. 

It's possible the BBC may try and dampen the Wiggins' vote by giving him an early "draw". After all do they want a third cyclist winning in five years, given the Live-wrong furore? 

I have changed my mind about Mo and now think that Jess could be the main danger. She was of course the (BBC) face of the Olympics and is bound to be given a highly favourable VT. She is the only woman priced at under 80/1 and given the issues last year about an all male line-up I think she will end up a strong second-favourite before the show.

I have had a couple more bets today, first on Jess:

6pts win Jess Ennis to win SPOTY @ 8/1 Paddy Power 

With regard to Wiggins I have taken an outside punt by laying him for a top three finish @ 1.04. This has now moved to 1.05 to lay but given there are three cyclists in the final 12 I think this is worth a play:

Lay Wiggins @ 1.05 for top three finish to lose 5pts with betfair. (Potential winnings 100 points less commission)

There is the potential with the lay bet to trade out for a profit if, for example, Wiggins should turn up in a D Clarke-style shiny suit!

Total invested today 11 points.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment