Thursday 8 November 2012

Review/x-factor shite 2

Disappointed that Uncle Dermot could not hang on to the lead at Nottingham yesterday and that (after-time alert!) the only horse I thought was a danger turned out to be the winner of the race. This followed on from the decent second place in the Melbourne Cup for my 25/1 each-way selection Fiorente. The selection's SP was 30/1 and it was trading at 44.0 on betfair the evening before the race so naturally I pressed up with some additional win money to no avail. 

The last 2012 flat season bets will be at Doncaster on Saturday. I am very confident that my approach can produce good profits in 2013, given access to a decent variety of betting accounts. However more accounts have been closed or restricted this year than for many years and it remains to be seen whether I will be able to achieve the range of prices needed to secure the value.

With regard to x-factor, unfortunately it looks like my ew poke Union J could get squeezed out of the frame. Money is coming for the "cruise-ship" singer Christopher Maloney as according to leaked reports in "The Sun" I understand he is polling twice as many votes as any other contestant. No doubt the producers will be out to stitch him up ASAP. You just wonder, with the reduced viewer numbers this year, whether a "rogue" contestant could win - as has happened a couple of times in SPOTY ( e.g. Ryan Giggs). Unlikely I realise but wouldn't it be terrific is Cowell got a winner he didn't want?

A very speculative 1pt win Chris Maloney to win x-Factor @ 20/1 Boylesports 

Sent from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment