Saturday 25 August 2012

Ladies' US Open

For once I cannot complain about the draw. My two main hopes Li Na and Kerber have been drawn in opposite halves. What's more the number one hope Li Na is in the opposite half to the hot favourite Serena which gives chances for my ew punts. The bookmakers think so too and the Chinese is now around the 11/1 mark from the 33s and 25s taken. One could say that it's worked out even better for Serena though as besides Li Na, Aza, Kvitova and Pova are all in the top half.

In Kerber's quarter (fourth) the betting is between her and Radwanska to win that section. The latter is carrying a shoulder injury though so I have hopes that AK can reach the semi to play Serena for a place in the final. However I have just been in Ludlow's Betfred shop - a blight on the market square - but needs must. As I was only allowed 20p on the net, I have had a very speculative cash bet on the winner of this week's (weak) Dallas tournament as follows:

1pt win Roberta Vinci @ 100/1 to win fourth quarter US open singles Betfred

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment