Monday 13 August 2012

Football season 2012-13

For the first time in more than 20 years I have not bought the Racing Post "pull-out" guide to the forthcoming football season. Part of my "legacy" of the Olympics is my realisation of how much I hate our national game.

The thought of MOD on the horizon fills me with absolute horror.

The Olympics has confirmed how much I hate everything about football, from its tribal fans with their ludicrous deluded possession of the players and the clubs to the money grabbing low-life players themselves: Rooney, Tevez, Terry.

I have made a good start, post Olympics. I didn't watch a single minute of the Community Shield yesterday even though I was ill in bed and it would have been easy to do so. I did not back Tevez or Torres for TGS when I discovered they had scored. I have not had a football ante-post bet and I do not intend to.

I will have to spend all the time saved from not watching football either in the gym or on the tennis court. A far better prospect than wasting two hours waiting for some (usually) thoroughly unpleasant characters to score a couple of goals.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment