Sunday 4 March 2012

Rory McIlroy

I am having a golf bet today which is a rare event. Rory McIlroy holds a two shot lead going into the final round of the Honda Classic in Florida today. There is added pressure in that if he wins he will replace Luke Donald as world number one. There are thunderstorms and winds of up to 25mph forecast in Florida. The start times have been brought forward because of the weather forecast. Of course Rory is used to such conditions in N. Ireland but the weather conditions could add to the uncertainty of the outcome.

Even though the players in very close contention are not ranked high, I think Rory is a lay given the weather forecast and the world status pressure. There is a very solid market on betfair with Rory odds on at 1.61-1.62 as I write.

I have therefore laid McIlroy @ 1.62 to lose six points.


As a consequence if Rory wins the tournament I lose six points whereas if he loses I win a fraction over nine points allowing for the maximum 5% betfair commission to be applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment