Wednesday 6 February 2013

Early profits in 2013

Thanks to Sunday's results (Mona w12/1 and another ANC draw w11/5) my figures for 2013 are looking respectable, 28 points profit (29.3%):-


A long way to go of course. 

Mona Barthel was very impressive in winning the Paris indoor. Unseeded, she beat Vinci (world ranked 16) and Bartoli (10) on the way to the final. She beat world number seven, Errani, in the final in straight sets. Interesting that the markets were very keen on her throughout the tournament. She had a few wobbles in the final though and admittedly I laid her for a few quid at 1/10 when she was a set and a break up. Is she the new Steffi Graf? I don't think so - but these German ladies develop relatively late. She is 22 whereas Goerges (19) is 24 and Kerber (6) is 25. Mona is now ranked 28 and could make top ten this year.

Having collected my Mona notes from Betfred (I have to go retail as bets accepted online are minimal), I have invested a couple of quid on Mona for the next two grand slams as follows:

0.5pts each-way M Barthel French Open  @ 100/1 Betfred 1/2 odds 1,2

0.5pts each-way M Barthel Wimbledon @ 125/1 William Hill 1/2 odds 1,2

Please take note of the size of these wagers. Three figure odds will not be landed very often! The only bets advised to date that came close were Aggie for Wimbledon 2012 each-way 100/1 (place paid at 50/1) and Vinci 100/1 for 2012 US Open semi-final (reached quarter-final allowing hedging bet). Keep your stakes to a minimum is my advice.

Two points staked.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment