Thursday 22 December 2011

SPOTY

Other than a small ew bet on Strauss nearly a year ago I've not got involved in SPOTY on the blog. That bet was @ 33/1 and he is now 250/1 to win it! So perhaps not much of a chance of a return there. I see that the Racing Post recommended Strauss @ 35/1 for the top3 today and I would not argue with that although only 25/1 is available now as I write.


Cavendish looks a very short priced favourite to me - around the 4/11 mark. I don't think he will necessarily endear himself to the viewing public tonight. I have just laid him @1.43 on betfair - so getting close to 5/2 NOT to win SPOTY. I've even had a little lay bet @1.05 for the top3. That is 20/1 NOT to be in the top3.


I really don't have an opinion on who might win. However, I think it's ridiculous having three golfers in the final ten. Guys who stroll about in sweaters but never break into a sweat. I don't consider them sportsmen I'm afraid.


So these are my thoughts. No recommended bets although the best value is probably a lay on betfair of Cavendish around 1.43 or shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment